Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day +2 Making Progress

I don't think I even know what day of the week it is, but here at MD Anderson it's Day +2.  Rose had a good night's sleep and looks great.  She's alert and, all things considered, pretty upbeat. She's giving me lists of things to do, always a sure sign that's she's doing ok.

Rain in Houston yesterday - it's the cause of very excited talk by the locals who are in the grips of an unbelievable drought.  My son Dan's still in town and has been a big help - spelling me now and then so I can get some things done, like gather our baggage and personal items and get set up in our Houston apartment.

I'm anxious to understand the next milestone, but we're just told that we are "watching and waiting."  Hopefully, this will continue to be a boring exercise - meaning Rose will continue to do well.

I'm told that a couple of folks have had a problem posting.  Several of you post pretty frequently.  Maybe the guys who can post will pass along your secrets. One thing I have noticed is that the site prefers Google Chrome as a browser.  Thanks for the many cards - Rose has them posted on her bulletin board.  We're making a little progress here, but remain watchful and vigilant.  Thanks to you all.

Charlie

PS - Rose dosed off while I was posting this note. Out of nowhere she started talking about pizza in her sleep.
You can't make this stuff up.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't figured out how to post, but I've commented. When you have to select a profile to comment as, I think anonymous is the easiest.
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have pizza on the menu at the hospital. She has had pizza on the brain. LAB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie, Thanks for the tip. Anonymoous works.

    ReplyDelete