Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day +9 Remote Observation

I'm in Florida on a rainy Sunday afternoon.  This is a remote report and I'm relying on a call from Rose this moring and a note from Gini:  Rose had a transfusion yesterday to boost her platelet count.  We are waiting and watching for her white cell count to begin to tick up, indicating that the transplanted stem cells are working.

She sounded good on the phone this morning, rested and clear headed.   She says she slept well and they are apparently continuing to do a good job of managing her nausea.  Gini has settled into Houston headquarters and getting her groove on as the duty caretaker. 

I have encouraged Rose to step into the blog for a more direct conversation with everyone.  It's more informative and, probably, therapeutic.  Best to all of you and thanks for all your kind notes and calls.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment