Day +13
Good news ! My white blood counts hit 2.8 this morning- which is a very good indication that the engraftment is well under way. If I continue with this rate of improvement, I could be released next week. There are certainly other variables to be considered before release , but white blood count is key. Once I leave the hospital, I will be staying in an apartment not far from the clinic. Initially I will be coming in to the clinic everyday for any infusions I will need, the plan is to be able to take all meds orally, rather than intravenously. I will keep my IV port until I am sent home – as in West Palm Beach !
My sister Gini has been staying at the apartment this past week. She is a great shopper and has been providing the necessary items and assistance that help get me through the day. Fresh StarBucks coffee each morning, and crochet materials. We’ll see what we produce. My last attempt at crocheting before leaving home was reminiscent of a spider weaving on LSD. So sad.
The hair is becoming quite the challenge. My doctor is giving me permission to go to the shop to get it cut. Every morning I have been waking up with a brillo pad type coif. I have acquired two hats and Gini found a great site where a young woman demonstrates a creative use of soft T-shirts as head turban. Check out the site: http://youtu.be/kCHVW-PuXDQ
I made my first attempt at wrapping my freshly cut hair…..I am sure to get better at it each day. Love you all.
Rose


Fabulous news, and I love your style! Abrazos, our Rose <3
ReplyDeleteYou will have the scarf wrapping down in no time! And no doubt will add your own style
ReplyDelete;-)
Sending strength and love your way ... xoxo
Wow, Rose, so glad to hear you are doing better! You are remarkable! Pretty neat hairdo! Keep doing what you are doing! You are always in my thoughts... Love ya, Beverly
ReplyDelete