Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday - Challenges

Rose has developed an issue with the port in her chest.  She was sent down for a doppler ultrasound and a clot has been discovered in her left arm.  She is back in the room, trying to rally - we're waiting for some attention here.

Update - 2 hours later - Transplant Team doctor was in to check on Rose. She has a "clinically insignificant" clot in her arm (not a reassuring description) and the catheter is leaking. They can't tell if it's lymph fluid which is apparently ok, or solution that is being administered IV, which is apparently not good.  A IV team member was just in and not particularly concerned but also not paying much attention to what Rose and I recounted the doctor telling us. I'm not going to let them administer this nasty chemo agent tonight until we understand what the hell is going on.  These guys are just too glib sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. Dammit...and not the time for glib

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need an advocate in ANY hospital, even one as acclaimed as MDA. So sorry this is happening, Charlie, but for Rose AND you, I am glade you are on the job. hugs to you both from MJ and Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are with her Charlie, it is so important she have an advocate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, when I interview some prospective students who insist they want to go into the healthcare field, I shutter to think they might actually realize that goal!
    After they are rude and inattentive, I can only think to myself "it's called health 'care' for a reason."

    ReplyDelete