Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Update Day +12 An Actual Post from Rose...


Update :  Today is proving to be a much better day than yesterday.  So far my experience has been 2-3 good days followed by a not so good day, and is definitely related to the different drugs and chemo I am getting.  Most of what I now receive belong to a class of drugs for anti- rejection . And while they make me feel awful for a day , the long term goal is total engraftment  The recent increase in the white blood cells is a first indicator that  counts are moving in the right direction.  I'll take it.

The SCT floor encourages movement and exercise.  I attend music therapy once a week. The performer is very good and patients enjoy the music.  Sessions are similar to what Inspirit  provides, and I must say, it is a soothing, enjoyable hour.     Exercise classes are offered 3x per week and are therapeutic on a couple of levels; the physical activity and the opportunity to meet other patients. 

I have met some very courageous people, young and older.  One woman, age 33, from Oklahoma, has two young girls at home, and a husband who drives 2 days  to spend a couple of days with his wife as often as he can.  She walks the 11th  floor corridors five miles a day  on average, and  encourages the rest of us to keep moving.     She has her eye on the prize of getting home to her family and is a true inspiration. There are so many stories that tear at one's heart and yet give hope.

Looking forward to another good day tomorrow.  Love you all !
Rose





4 comments:

  1. Rose, so wonderful to hear from you! I love white blood cells, and to think I never gave them a thought in the past.

    Warrior Woman (that's your new 'handle'), I imagine you have no idea the ripples of inspiration you have created, but some fine day I'll fill you in on those in my corner of the world.

    Heal on, dear WW <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of Love, prayers and positive thoughts your way...from T,J & J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose,
    Great to hear from you. You are a remarkable and strong woman.
    Cindy Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose, so wonderful to hear you are getting through this and that your white cells are responding. I hold you in the light and I pray your daily challenges strengthen you in ways you can use to move forward. I wish Texas was closer but for now, this blog helps us to know you are doing the hard work while we cheer you on!
    lots of love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete