Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Office Pool for the last day of Blog Posting....

Rose had a meeting with her Transplant Team today.  Everything continues to look very good - blood counts, hydration, etc... (though she did get a gentle reminder about hydration today).  If everything continues to look good, she could be released to return home on December 16th.  I'm just ecstatic - yes, we'll have to be cautious - but getting home will be wonderful for her.  She is the original nester and she's getting antsy to get back.

Our friends and family in Houston have been great and, setting aside Rose's illness, we've enjoyed everything here except the crappy roads.


More later...

9 comments:

  1. Yea, this is great news!I know you guys can't wait and your friends feel the same. Keep up the good work, Rose. Love ya, Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Let's see, I guess we have to assume that the final blog will be from Texas - thus its name. I'm in for the 12th. Does it make you itch thinking that you will soon be home, Rose? I've never thought of you as a nester! I want to see a couple shots of your home turf.
    Keep on keepin' on. Love, ~N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you both, with renewed every toward healing and release.
    Charlie: you are magnificent.
    Rose: amazing!
    In awe of you both, handling this arduous journey.

    love, love, love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a journey...does it seem like you have both traveled to the ends of the earth and back? I vote for posting a new photo like the one above of Rose with a vase full of lovely lilies, sitting comfy in her PBC kitchen as the final blog...full circle. Big warm love and hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful news. Nothing like Home for the Holidays is there? Love to you both.

    T and C from BI, MI

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful it would be to be home for the holidays! Best wishes.

    Monique Wilkinson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahem...Did we already HAVE the last posting? Seems like a long time. Whatsup?

    I'm just sayin' haven't heard from you this week. Prying that al is well except for the fact that you aren't back in FL yet. Hint: Calif. is nice too - really , really nice!
    hugs, Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops - that's praying, not prying - heaven forbid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet it is Mile Post Marker 1!!! where every journey begins on the 17th of December. So as "Texas in your mirror" (CW song) ends Phase II of the journey begins at home. Yippeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete