Well I have been remiss about keeping up the blogsite. I rely on Charlie for so many things. He has such ease with writing and love of
language that comes through his postings.
I do have good news to report. Sometimes I am hesitant to think about it too much as I just
want my recovery to go smoothly. Last
week I was given four days ‘off’ from infusion on Wednesday/Thursday and again
on Saturday/Sunday. My counts were good
enough for me not to have to go in daily.
I am now off all infusion and have transitioned to oral medications
only. I only go in once a week to see my
doctor in her clinic. As long as I am
able to maintain hydration and good levels of counts, I will be a once a week
outpatient.
My friend of 39 years is caregiver this week. We go way back many years when we went to
school together and ended up working together at a local community college. Keeping
in form, Susan showed up with activities for us to do. We made 100 paper beads to mark the 100 days
post stem cell transplant. 38 beads are
on the chain, and 62 are in a glass bowl.
One bead comes off the chain each day – a visual reminder of days left to going home.
I have also officially retired from work and that has given
my spirits a big boost and I can concentrate on recovery.
I continue to be blessed with improvement because of the
loving support of Charlie, family, and so many friends. Again, heartfelt hanks to my caregivers Pat, Gini, Ellie, Debbie McGowan, and Martha Ann who have been here along the way.
Wonderful, Rose, so wonderful! We will all have so much to celebrate when you return to PBC. Congratulations, and thanks so much for blog-posting.
ReplyDelete(Would love to see a photo of the beads...what a grand count-up :)
Love~
Fantastic News! Can't wait to get you guy's back to Florida!
ReplyDeleteMarkj
I am sad in a way that you are officially retiring but so joyful that everything is going so well with your recovery! We all love you and have you in our thoughts every day...you will be my cubby mate in spirit forever and I will miss all of our shared conversations and laughs over thrown gumdrops. I found one the other day and it made me smile to think of you! Can't wait till you're back! xoxo Molly
ReplyDeleteThanks Rose. You did a good job!!! See ya soon. Lou Ann
ReplyDeleteI think about you every day, Rose; still praying for you every time.
ReplyDeleteSending much love your way, and… I am glad you are retired! Good for you. Yeah!!!!
Patricia
Great blog entry, Rose! Charlie might have been outdone! The beads sound like a super idea and I look forward to seeing a picture now and then (like on day 99!) Keep smilin'
ReplyDeleteMuch love, Ellie
Rose, you are a brave and strong woman for which we admire you for and by the way, you DO have the right to remain silent..... someone told me that once.
ReplyDeleteFrom the northwoods
Whee!Thanks for the blog and the terrific news. Leave it to Susan to think of such a positive thing. How did you make the beads? I'm jealous of all the folks waiting for you to return to FL. I would love to see you again. Susan will have to give all your old comrades the straight scoop. Love, ~N
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you for your courage and your great lion heart. Get up and fly...
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are doing so well! Have fun with Susan. Love you,
ReplyDeleteFantastic news Rose! You girls keep having a grand time!! Love, Deb
ReplyDeleteSo when you are back home, and all rested, and now that you are retired, does this mean I have a playmate?
ReplyDeleteI am hoping your progress will continue and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving as you have much to be grateful for! I can just imagine how uplifting it was for you to have Susan there. Love your virtual friend, Carol G.
ReplyDelete