Rose and I had an hour and a half meeting with the nurse practitioner who coordinates patients' post Anderson treatment...We clearly have been getting a little too blase about her progress or they wanted to plant the fear of God in us. Either way, it was effective.
This meeting and the pulmonary test she did this afternoon are the opening shots for being released. We still don't have a date, but Rose will meet with her transplant doctor tomorrow, and we're hoping to know more then. Most of the meeting (full of great info, by the way) centered on post release potential issues like infection and graft vs host (rejection) issues. It seems that, as she is weaned off the anti-rejection drugs, she can become prone to rejection - so we got all the 8X10 glossy profiles of how rejection symptoms look, should they manifest themselves. Bottom line, much to be paranoid about in the coming months. What else is new? As I said in a Facebook post - I'd rather have her home and be paranoid about her health...I think.
Best to all - hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday.
Hoping for the best for you.
ReplyDeleteMonique Wilkinson
I think if everyone really knew the "possiblities" in their life, many would never leave home. Keep your chin up and the attitude positive!
ReplyDeleteAs always, best wishes, dear friend... :)
I will continue to send positive thoughts your way and hopes of good things for you.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes,
Sheila