Saturday, November 5, 2011

Yellow Brick Road

Debbie, Rose and I watched The Wizard of Oz last night all the way through.  Rose singing The Munchkins' "Lollipop Guild" song was worth the whole evening.

The "Thank You Once Again" Section:

Debbie McGowan is ending her week here today.  She has been such a big help and a comfort for Rose - can't thank her enough,  as well as:

Rose's sisters Gini and Pat, Dan Levine and Ellie Rozinsky - the Mobile Team - for all their TLC, assistance and morale support.  My sister Deb and her husband Doug have done yeoman's service keeping our Florida homestead together. My sister Lou Ann has been tremendous, as have all my sibs.  My great friend and brother Jim Barham  and wife Mimi - chauffeurs, karma attendants, guidance counselors and lodge keepers.  Our Old Northwood friends and neighbors (shout out to MA and Jay), eyes and ears for us back home.

And then, there's all of you - cards, letters, emails, packages, phone calls, shouts and murmurs and fervent prayers....abrazos to all.  Life lesson for me?  One might be surprised by all the love and help around you when the stuff hits the fan. I was.

Martha Ann Kneiss is coming in today to whip everything into shape and begin the next transition for Rose: from "patient" to "person-getting-ready-to-go-home".  I think we have 5 or 6 weeks maximum left to do, barring surprises, and the weeks are going fast...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose and Charlie: I'm posting as anonymous because the other way I used before with my email address just won't work for me today. So it's Mick here in Southern Maryland or Sharron' as I call myself anymore sitting here frustrated with the computer. But I'm not going to let it dampen my spirits as I read this good progress note from today. The love and prayers DO work and I'm sending healing energy as I do every night to you both and all your support team. Loving you much! Homeward Bound!

    ReplyDelete