Sunday, October 2, 2011

Good Progress...


Addie Kneiss (5) - daughter of Jay and Martha Ann - of W. Palm Beach, thought it wasn't cool that Rose couldn't have flowers: so she made some (above).  Addie, your flowers are the talk of the town...

It is a spectacular fall morning in Houston and I'm back in town as of yesterday.  We took a day away from the blog to get caught up, see Gini off and visit with family.  Rose's new immune system continues to show signs of new vitality.  Her white count is 3.2 - "near the low end of normal" and her red count and hemoglobin counts are rising...all signs that the stem cells have engraphted in her marrow and are beginning to produce new blood cells. This is just amazing to me.

Her spirits are good - I think she'll begin to feel a hell of a lot better when she has more red blood cells and more oxygen as a result...

All is well and I promise the frequency of updates is on the upswing.  Thanks to all of you for your love and support.

PS - and, yes, I did go to Goode Company get a brisket sandwich with lots of jalapenos and a cold Shiner Bock beer for lunch.  Still a Texan.


1 comment: