Ellie and I took Rose her morning coffee and while we were waiting for the transplant team, a nurse came in to tell us that Rose's persistent cough had finally been diagnosed as "parainfluenza" and that they were raising her to contact isolation, meaning we had to wear not only masks and gloves in her room but also a sterile gown and had to dispose of them in a medical waste container before exiting the room. So we're thinking "Holy shit, parainfluenza...". Later, when the Transplant Team came in, we were told "parainfluenza" = "common cold". No cure, no treatment beyond chicken soup. Rose will be released tomorrow.
So Ellie and I will prep the apartment, I'm making chicken soup and she's breaking out tomorrow. West Palmsters: I'll be back Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning, whenever I can get a flight... Debbie McGowan will be in this weekend to relieve Ellie and it's gonna be fine. Next steps...
Halfway home once more.....as always, best wishes!! :)
ReplyDelete