Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday Morning



At MDAnderson Cancer Center they rotate transplant doctors and their teams every two weeks.  This week, Rose has the head of the Transplant Group at MD Anderson - a woman she has met on several occasions.  The team met this morning with Rose - listened carefully to her questions and answered them thoroughly.

Key question for us: what will indicate Rose is ready to leave?  Answer:  her ear infection must be cleared up - it was the cause of her fever and when it's gone, she can leave, probably about a week from today.

Question: Is it common to have to return to the hospital to treat infections. Answer: More often than not, it happens to most patients, but it is preferable to be out of the hospital than in, if that can be managed.

Question:  Are you satisfied with the trends in the blood counts. Answer: Absolutely.  White counts and neutrofils are strong, showing good steady progress.

Her blood counts continue to be very good - looks like the stem cells are doing their thing.  We're back on track.

6 comments:

  1. I tease her in the mornings about looking like a little bird. So I comb her hair. This morning after I left, she sent this photo with the text "peep-peep".

    My wild woman...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful and rare bird you are, dear Rose...Love~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose, you look pretty damn good for what you've been through! Glad you are back on track; thinking of you, girlfriend!
    Love, Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' a little Donald-ish, but it's so great to see you sitting up and read about you asking smart questions of your care team. I hope this comment posts.
    Love, Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rose,

    You look beautiful! Keep those positive thoughts going and we will too.

    Much Love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rose,
    I have been thinking about you often and hoping you are doing well. I think that you look absolutely marvelous! I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way.

    Warmest regards,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete